Terms & Conditions
1. The Site is a Venue and Vacation Pet Friendly and its subdomains are NOT a Party to any Rental Agreement or other Transaction Between Users of the Site. We expect all users to be responsible about their use of this Site and any transaction that is entered into as a result of either listing a property or renting a property. We DO NOT own or manage, nor can we contract for, any hotel, bed & breakfast, hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, inn, cottage, or vacation rental properties listed on a Site. Vacation Pet Friendly and other Sites act as a venue to allow hotels, motels, bed and breakfast, inns, cottages, vacation home rental owners, property managers and property representatives who advertise on the Site (each, a “member”) to offer for rent or use in a variety of pricing formats, a specific hotel, bed & breakfast property, vacation rental property or motel, to potential renters (each, a “traveler” and, collectively with a member, the “users”). For some properties, we offer online booking or other tools or services to allow users to communicate with each other and enter into rental agreements or other transactions. Even if the Site allows you to offer or book a rental on the Site, we are not a party to any rental, reservation, or other agreement between users. As a result, any part of an actual or potential transaction between a traveler and a member, including the quality, condition, safety or legality of the properties advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings (including the content thereof or any property or guest book review), the ability of members to rent a vacation property or the ability of travelers to pay for vacation rental properties are solely the responsibility of each user. You acknowledge and agree that you may be required to enter into a separate agreement and/or waiver prior to making a booking or purchasing a product or service and may place additional restrictions on your booking, product or service. Responsibility for applicable laws, rules and regulations: Users agree that they are responsible for, and agree to abide by, all laws, rules and regulations applicable to their use of the Site, their use of any tool, service or product offered on the Site and any transaction they enter into on the Site or in connection with their use of the Site. Members further agree that they are responsible for and agree to abide by all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the advertisement of their rental property and the conduct of their rental business, including but not limited to taxes, permit or license requirements, zoning ordinances, safety compliance and compliance with all anti-discrimination and fair housing laws, as applicable. Please be aware that, even though we are not a party to any rental transaction and assume no liability for legal compliance pertaining to rental properties listed on the Site, there may be circumstances where we are nevertheless legally obligated (as we may determine in our sole discretion) to provide information relating to your listing in order to comply with governmental bodies in relation to investigations, litigation or administrative proceedings, and we may choose to comply with or disregard such obligation in our sole discretion.
Travel Advisories: Although most travel is completed without a serious incident, travel to some destinations may involve more risk than others. We urge travelers to research the location they wish to visit and to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking. Information may be found at www.state.gov, www.tsa.gov, www.dot.gov, www.faa.gov, www.cdc.gov,www.treas.gov/ofac and www.customs.gov.
Warnings of Suspicious Activity: While we do take certain measures with a goal to assist users to avoid potentially fraudulent or other illegal activity of which we become aware, we assume no liability or obligation to take any such measures or actions. In the event we do provide warnings or messages to users about any such activity, we do not warrant that such messages are accurate or that such messages will reach any or all users they should have reached in a timely manner or at all or that such messages or measures will prevent any harm, result or action.
2. Limited License to Use the Site. Users are granted a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access the Site and the content and services provided on the Site solely for the purpose of advertising a hotel, bed & breakfast property, vacation rental property or motel, searching for a hotel, bed & breakfast property, vacation rental property or motel, , purchasing or researching (for the purpose of inquiring about purchasing) any of the products or services offered on any Site, participating in an interactive area hosted on any Site or for any other purpose clearly stated on a Site, all in accordance with the Terms. Any use of the Site that is not for one of these purposes or otherwise in accordance with the Terms or as otherwise authorized by us in writing is expressly prohibited.
3. Unauthorized Uses of the Site. The license to use the Site only extends to the uses expressly described herein. The license to use the site granted to users in these Terms does not include any right of collection, aggregation, copying, scraping, duplication, display or derivative use of the Site nor any right of use of data mining, robots, spiders or similar data gathering and extraction tools without our prior written permission; provided, however, that a limited exception from the foregoing exclusion is provided to general purpose internet search engines that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Site, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file. “General purpose internet search engines” do not include a website or search engine or other service that provides classified listings or property rental advertisements, or any subset of the same or which is in the business of providing vacation property rental services or other services that compete with us. Unauthorized uses of the Site also include, without limitation, those listed below. You agree not to do any of the following, unless otherwise previously authorized by us in writing:
• Any commercial use (other than by members with a fully paid up subscription in good standing (a “valid subscription”) or by members pursuant to a valid license to software offered on a Site (a “valid license”) of the Site or any content on the Site;
• Any use of the Site or the tools and services on the Site for the purpose of booking or soliciting a rental for a property other than a property listed under a valid subscription;
• Copy, reproduce, upload, post, display, republish, distribute, or transmit any part of the content in any form whatsoever;
• Reproduce any portion of the Site on your website or otherwise, using any device including, but not limited to, use of a frame or border environment around the Site, or other framing technique to enclose any portion or aspect of the Site, or mirror or replicate any portion of the Site;
• Deep-link to any portion of the Site without our express written permission;
• Modify, translate into any language or computer language, or create derivative works from, any content or any part of the Site;
• Reverse engineer any part of the Site;
• Sell, offer for sale, transfer, or license any portion of the Site in any form to any third parties;
• Use any robot, spider, scraper, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, or keep a database copy of the content or any portion of the Site;
• Use the Site and its inquiry functionality other than to advertise and/or research vacation rentals, to make legitimate inquiries to our members or any other use expressly authorized on the Site;
• Use the Site or post or transmit information that is in any way false, fraudulent, or misleading, including making any reservation or inquiry under false pretenses, or taking any action that may be considered phishing or that would give rise to criminal or civil liability;
• Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, indecent, inflammatory, sexually explicit, pornographic or profane material;
• Violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of us or third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual or proprietary rights; or
• Use or access the Site in any way that, in our sole discretion, adversely affects or could adversely affect the performance or function of the Site or any other system used by us or the Site.
Welcome to Vacation Pet Friendly (hereinafter “VPF” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
We take your privacy seriously. We want you to understand that Vacation Pet Friendly collects personal information, how we collect it and how we use it.
Vacation Pet Friendly collects personal information that is voluntarily submitted for such services as advertising on our site, opting in to receive our newsletter, offered incentive programs, affiliate programs, guest bloggers and recognition programs. Collected information may be used for such services as advertising on our site, or to promote our site. It may be transferred to third party service providers, which may include companies we hire for marketing our website, printing and mailing service companies, data storage, payment processing and gateway companies, hosting companies and outsourced technology support service providers. To keep your information secure, Vacation Pet Friendly will require of third parties that process information or provide services for us on our behalf to maintain contractual agreements or other security measures.
Numerous individuals within Vacation Pet Friendly are responsible for the day-to-day collection and processing of personal information, including technical and administration personnel trained for this purpose.
However, our top management team is considered our Privacy Team. Any questions or concerns with regard to the manner Vacation Pet Friendly handles or manages personal information may be directed to our a member of our Privacy Team who can be reached by contacting us through our Contact Us page.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Vacation Pet Friendly collects information when a user advertises with us, posts information on our blog, sends us information for the Pet of the Week submission and other programs we offer, through contact forms and surveys, and through other interactions with the site. Individuals may also disclose information about themselves when they use features on the sites such as user forums, kennels linking page, the “Share” feature or when they contact Administration. We collect the names, e-mail addresses, sometimes pet’s names, favorite hotel names and sometimes phone numbers of individuals’ friends when that individual uses the “Share our Site” feature on our site.
- Information collected on Vacation Pet Friendly
Vacation Pet Friendly collections two types of information: Information on your pet and favorite hotel that does not identify you personally (“Non-Personal Information”), and information that does identify you personally (“Personal Information”).
(i) Non-Personal Information
Our Web servers may automatically record certain technical information related to your visit to the site. This information is anonymous. It does not identify you personally. It includes things such as: the Internet domain for your Internet service provider; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer accessing our site; the keyword used to search for our site; the date/time that you visited our site; the address of the last webpage that you visited prior to clicking through to our site; the browser used and the type of computer operating system your computer is using; information about your computer hardware; and a record of which pages you viewed while visiting our site.
(ii) Personal Information
When you advertise, contact us or opt in to receive marketing materials and promotions, you consent to our collection of Personal Information including your name, sometimes pet’s name and email address. This information may be used for marketing our site, payment processing, promotions, incentive programs and blogging.
B. What are “cookies” and how do the sites use them?
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any Personal Information about you, such as your name or address.
These files are then used by such websites as a kind of electronic identification tag when users revisit that site. Since cookies are only text files, they cannot run on your computer, search your computer for other information or transmit any information to anyone.
C. Personal Information about Children
Our site complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We do not allow people under 18 years of age to advertise on our site. Nor do we knowingly collect Personal Information from people under 18 years of age through our site. If we receive Personal Information, which we discover was provided by a person under the age of 18, we will promptly delete all such Personal Information not required for continuing business purposes.
D. Limits To Collecting Personal Information
We limit the type of mandatory information collected by us. Personal Information collected by us is limited to what is required to operate our site, ensure compliance with our Terms and Conditions of use and manage our relationship with our customers, including the uses described in the following paragraphs under the heading “Use and Disclosure of Personal Information”, below.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. Internal Uses
We collect Personal Information to operate our site including to contact customers about site updates, new products, offerings, services, upcoming events. Information collected may also pertain to newsletter subscriptions, Pet of the Week entry fees, to advertising payment processing information, information needed to prevent fraud, uphold the integrity of the site, and to deliver prizes to users. We may also, but do not have any obligation to, use Personal Information to contact customers regarding changes to the Terms of Service for the sites and any other policies or agreements relevant to the site. If an individual uses the “Share, Twitter, Facebook” features, we will use the name and e-mail address that that individual provides to invite his or her friend to create a user account.
In addition to the uses above, we use Personal Information for feedback and marketing purposes, to promote goods and services we believe you may be interested in, to provide a product or service requested by you, to notify you of changes to our products and services, and to customize and improve the content and layout of the site.
B. Transfers to third parties
On occasion, we may transfer Personal Information to third parties who are legally or contractually obligated to keep such information private. For example, Vacation Pet Friendly may use third parties such as payment processing service providers, printing and mailing services, data storage and technology support services. Third parties to whom information is provided may be located in the United States or elsewhere.
C. DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
We also may disclose Personal Information you provide us to third parties such as marketing partners who provide services, information, education, or products that you have expressly requested and which we believe you may be interested in purchasing or obtaining. In these instances, Vacation Pet Friendly will make reasonable efforts to ensure third parties use the Personal Information for our stated purposes only, and provide a method of opting out from receiving future communications from such parties, but we shall not be responsible for their handling or dissemination practices with respect to Personal Information. If you wish to change your account preferences to not receive information from such third parties, please contact our administrative staff through the “Contact Us” page, or use the “unsubscribe” link included in email messages sent by such parties. We also may disclose Non-Personal Information to our business partners.
We may also disclose Personal Information to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, other form of legal process or request on behalf of any local, provincial, state, or federal governmental department or agency to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
4. OBTAINING CONSENT
In most cases, when we do collect Personal Information directly from an individual, the individual provides us with the information required for us to effectively provide our business services, and as such, consent to the collection and use of Personal Information will be implied. When an individual uses the “Share, Twitter or Facebook” feature, we rely on that individual to obtain the consent of their friend to allow us to use that information to invite them to create a user account.