Attending the Animal Care Expo 2011 in Orlando? Pet-Friendly Orlando Hotels Booking Fast
World’s Largest Animal Care Conference and Tradeshow presented by The Humane Society of the United States takes place at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort May 4-7, 2011
Animal Care Expo is celebrating its 20th year as the world’s largest international education and trade show in the fields of animal care and control, rescue and emergency services. Presented by The Humane Society of the United States, Animal Care Expo 2011 will be held at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort at the Walt Disney World®Resort.
The conference includes more than 70 workshops, as well as exhibits and seven daylong certificate courses. In addition to extensive programs focused on caring for dogs and cats, the program also includes workshops on: equine protection; coalition building; fundraising and money management; executive leadership; emergency services; field services; and more.
A highlight of Expo 2011 will be a book signing by The HSUS’ president and CEO, Wayne Pacelle. The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them (William Morrow; $26.99)is Pacelle’s first book and has been listed by the New York Times as a best-seller on their non-fiction list. This book is an insightful, compassionate and comprehensive exploration of our special connection to all creatures, written by one of America’s most important champions of animal welfare. A special book signing will be held for Expo attendees.
Animal Care Expo Details
- Animal Care Expo attracts more than 1,600 attendees from 34 countries.
- Workshops on topics such as effective animal control ordinances; shelter design and housing; emergency preparedness for pets; shelter adoptions; farm animal cruelty, stopping puppy mills and equine protection.
- Talks and presentations from industry renowned experts representing local, national and international animal protection organizations.
- An estimated 175 exhibitors offering products and services for animal sheltering and emergency management professionals.
- Opportunities to network, share ideas and be energized about the critical role that animal welfare and emergency management organizations play in protecting people and animals around the world.
Registration costs for the full conference range from $175 to $250 depending on the time of registration and participation in The HSUS’ free Shelter Partners program. Registration for single days or day-long certificate courses is also available. Need a place to stay? Find a pet-friendly hotel at Vacation Pet Friendly for a great deal!
Visit animalsheltering.org/expo for additional information about The HSUS’ Animal Care Expo 2011.
The first Animal Care Expo was held in 1992at Bally’s in Las Vegas primarily as a trade show of animal care services equipment. Expo has since grown to more than 175 exhibitors and 1,600 attendees, and is now the largest international animal care and control conference in the world.
Vacation Pet Friendly wishes you a pet-friendly day!